Thursday, August 10, 2006

Moroccan underwear

Recently I bought this book, Moroccan Interiors. It contains MANY beautiful pictures of different houses, villas and small palaces in several locations of Morocco, such as Tangier, Essaouira, Marrakech, Fès, Tétouan, Rabat and remote villages in the south of the country. It is just fascinating, as it shows all the different styles that encompass the so-called "moroccan style", which have become the style I want to apply to muy future house. The book has become my personal guide and master planner in such a way that it has inspired me to buy some items, like this hand-carved photo frame (with a pic of me and Lissette at a moroccan restaurant, of course!)
and these indian-made cushions



I even brought these three items from home, which I had had for a LONG timeA syrian-made coffer









More to come soon..

OH! the funny reason for this post's title is that "moroccan interiors" translated into spanish is interiores marroquíes, and when I told mom that I had bought a book called Interiores Marroquíes (which also means "moroccan male underwear" in spanish) she freaked out! she was like "why did you buy a book like that, son? are they very diferent to the western ones?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Carlos, very nice your comments about Morrocan Art....

Pity you attributed the motherhood of the comentary to the title of the book to your mother, when you know it was your pal Carlos Vicente who first made it in the chat room, just to pull your leg, hehehehehe.....

מאור said...

no, mom was first..

_ said...

Me encanta Arkadi Duchin, a pesar de que no entiendo las letras :( Besos desde Chile

מאור said...

y cómo lo conociste?

Erick said...

I love Morocco! Morocco is an amalgam of diverse influences from Europe, Africa, the Orient, as well as the Middle East, and it's commodities are an eclectic reflection of this. I like Moroccan arts and crafts and how they decorate home it's like a signature from the exotic world. You can enjoy seeing it by buying property in Morocco or even you can transform your home in you country into a palace with Morocco interior design services.