Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I got a present today!

This is not precisely a Hanukka present but it has more significance than any of the presents I have ever received. My father, who had always been recluctant to accept my approximation to judaism and natürlich, even more recluctant to have me living in Israel, spoke to me on the night of the 23rd and well, we kinda told me he agreed and supported me. I say kinda, because what he actually said was "Well, I guess I'd have to start saving money to go visit you in Israel and learn hebrew so I can use it when I am there". This phrase is worth more than a million bucks to me! :-)

I also got another present, courtesy of the Tech Department, and exq
uisitely painted by Stefanie Goebel, one of my greatest friends at ECA, with a message on the background written by Diane DePauw, the ES Tech teacher and one of my everyday partners :-) Ain't it beautiful?

No comments: