Wednesday, March 14, 2007

emepetrés

I had alwayas been hesitant to buy such a fashionable thing like a mp3 player; I don't know, maybe just because I didn't see them useful except for isolating from the rest of the world while one walks, which I can do (in fact I ALWAYS do that) without earphones, hehehe. But one day I started thinking of how nice it would be to travel while I listen to my favourite songs, which I can rarely find on a radio station here -sometimes I don't know who made me like the music of Despina Vandi, Dana International, Sarit Hadad, Irini Merkouri, Elena Paparizou, Ethnix, Dudu Tasa, Sertab Erener, Nancy Ajram, Nawal El Zoughbi, Shlomi Saranga, Zulpikar Zaitov, Lior Narkis, Ivri Lider, Anna Vissi, Ofra Haza, Tarkan, Sarbel, Severina Vučković, Orel Hen & Stalos, Jana Karleuša, Yasmin Levy, Arkadi Duchin, Dana Berger, Željko Joksimović, Tina Karol, Mihai Trăistariu, Shiri Maimon, Sibel Tüzün, and of course Shahrizoda! No, I didn't have enough with Paulina Rubio, Nelly Furtado, Christina Aguilera, Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Tito El Bambino, Shakira, Cher, Whitney Houston, Mecano, Mariah Carey, Alanis Morrisette, Marilyn Manson, Vanilla Ninja and Aterciopelados. I HAD to ask for something different!


Anyway, after some research, and decided NOT to buy an iPod and become part of the industry standard again (Both my PC and my PDA both run on Microsucks Windows) I bought a SanDisk Sansa e250. Here it is:

Mine is an e250, with 2GB of flash memory and a slot for SD Micro Cards, a 1.8" (4.6 cm) QCIF+ LCD screen, with a resolution of 176×220. It's a good alternative to an iPod Nano, though; it has an FM radio and stuff, and LOT cheaper, since it costed me 106$ with the "condom" (the silicone protective cover) on amazon.com. It's not perfect, though: I have had to low-level format it twice since it seems deleting and deleting files corrupt the file system, which is based on Linux or something like that *SHRUGS*

Anyway, Sandisk's Tech Support has been SUPERB and so far (thx Najeer and Kimberley!) and I still recommend people to buy one of this Lil'Monstas ;-)

5 comments:

Boris said...

MP3 player is useful also for listening to audiobooks, which is very useful in trains to the work and back.
Your playlist is really multicultural. :) Even music from Uzbekistan. BTW, you can youtube Uzbek band Setora/Setanho. It is less authentic, but I think you'll like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28jspljofd8

Grrr, Blogger's usability and especially "word verification" just pisses me off. Any chance you replicate the blog to LJ or any other more reader-friendly place?

מאור said...

Oh yeah, you haven't seen my playlist, even armenians and uyghur musicians, oh, and a Tajik girl named Parvina Shukruloyeva! Excellent! :-)
Let me see this Uzbek band...hmm, they sound nice though ;-) let's try to find some mp3

And yes, Blogger is a pain for posting comments...let me see, it seems I'll finally migrate to LJ, hehehe :-D

Boris said...

You can use both platforms for a while, not exactly "migrate". Anyway, let me now if you do so.

I have a couple of disks of Uzbek music in mp3 downloaded from www.arbuz.com, but is seems that the files are no more available there.

מאור said...

Yeah, I guess I can try both, especially during the next few days as I'll be home doing nothing.. just need a wireless keyboard, hehe :-)

Oh, from which singers? Maybe I can find them somewhere else

Boris said...

You can try Yulduz Usmanova, DJ Piligrim.
A propos, here ia a clip of the daughter of Uzbek president.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd8BVcmj0B8

How was the operation? Hope everything is fine.