Thursday, April 05, 2007

Kosher AFTER Passover

5767's Passover will always be in my mind because is the last jewish holiday I will experiment being uncircumcised. Right after I was born, I fell very sick and I had severe neonatal jaundice, which took me apart from my mom for some weeks, and after that I was still weak so my father, who wanted me to be circumcised like him (yeah, he might hide his jewish blood but he would never let a son of his be like a cabriolet!) forgot about it, but I remember during my childhood he always said he wanted me to undergo circumsicion, to what my grandma and my mom always reacted against. Well, my rabbi strongly suggested me to have it now before I finish my conversion so I can take advantage of the medical insurance paid by ECA. So, I'm going to be operated on a week after Passover and thus ceasing to be a convertible, hehehe

One of the things I have learnt this Passover is that I will never, EVER buy any Couscous for Passover made out of matzo meal. My growing reputation as a couscousier (or whichever the person that cooks coscous is called) was severely affected for my attempt to make couscous with nuts (Almonds, Macadamia Nuts, Peanuts, Walnuts, Cashews, and Nuts) to go with my stew of meat, sausages, potatoes and red beans. Crap!
Another interesting thing about Passover is that we get to do LOTS of shopping, and this time not just for TONS of food but sometimes also for new clothing to use during the holidays as it is a very special occasion -it HAS to be special, we would still be in Egypt as slaves hadn't been for all that happened with the guidance of Moshe Rabenu! My favourite part is buying food, definitely! Anyway, I forgot to shave after the first two nights, so now I am waiting till the end of the holiday to shave -and I should to the same to my private parts as the operation is fast approaching- and bored out to death at home since our dearest president declared a Dry Law prohibiting the sell of alcohol and also since we can't enter most places that sell or are in contact with chametz (areperas, cafés, restaurants, movie theaters that sell tequeños, sushi bars and that kind of stuff) I am screwed doing nothing at home. Fuck...

By the way, don't I look like of the Istanbul Boys? (raising an eyebrow)

No comments: