Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Violante! :-)

I hadn't seen her since the day of my graduation, which was a while ago -Paola was just a baby then and see, now she's a tall and beautiful girl (definitely she is a mix of her parents Angelo and Norka), and you haven't seen her singing on the karaoke yet!

My friendship with Norka started LONG time ago, when we were hired with 30 other college students from my hometown to work for an IBM parner responsible for providing tech support to all the journalists presents in the VII Iberoamerican Summit of Heads of State and Government, which was held in Margarita Island in November 1997. We were chosen then according to our tech skills, but even though I was not a lab assistant like the rest of them, I was chosen because one of the girls in the group, who happened to be our supervisor's girlfriend, studied with me and knew I spoke English; since it was an international event and despite most of the journalists spoke spanish or portuguese, they expected quite a few journalists from the US, Canada, Europe and Japan, which in fact happened. Anyway, our friendship has grown after that in such a way that I almost became Paola's godfather, hehehe. We studied at the same school but we chose slightly different careers but due to the fact that I moved to Caracas and Norka finding herself in her new role in life as a mom, a woman and a IT professional, we lost contact for sometime. The last time I went to Barquisimeto I was supposedly giving her a letter from Manena, who sent me a parcel from Puerto Rico in which a letter was for Norka. Still, I left the letter in Caracas, but then we decided to have breakfast together. Oh man, it was one of the BEST breakfasts I have ever had in my life; well, no wonder it took from 9 AM to almost 2 PM!

And Paola... oh my G"d! What a beautiful and smart girl! Norka is definitely raising her very well, making her an independent and mature girl, yet still a young and playful one. She is very talented, and she seems to be quite good at catching foreign languages (something that she must have inherited from me, because neither Angelo nor Norka speak another language fluently) because I realised that she knows quite a few Britney Spears' (I still don't understand how Norka lets her daughter listen to such an untalented bitch..) and songs, and also some others from Justin Timberlake, the BSB and the mexican group RBD. You gotta see her on the Karaoke!

Since there were so many thing to talk, we ran out of time and we didn't finish our update, so we decided to continue our meetings when I return to Barquisimeto for the Holidays and hopefully I'll give Norka the letter from Manena. I just hope she can get it before Manena sees her, because she's going to Barquisimeto for the holidays also, hehehe. Oh, Violante? That's an internal joke. When Manena and I started to work as research assistant (myself) and lab assistant (Manena), we used to talk openly about sex; we had never considered it a taboo and alas, we were in the lab all together, but Norka always refused to even make a comment, she always said we were dirty and obscene, like Violante Cabrales De Albuquerque used to criticize Xica Da Silva and when alone, almost masturbate while thinking of Xica's husband and the Enquirer, with the difference that Norka was having sex like a rabbit with Angelo (which eventually produced Paola Goretti) and we thought she was chaste as a virgin! Manena and I were so cheated!

No comments: